Saturday, December 03, 2005

Book review

Ok for those that don't want to hear about the books that I have read since I've been in India they can skip this blog.

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
If anyone wants to know what we see and what its like here you should read this book. It shows the life of two tailors as they go through their lives. I won't go into more details except that I really think this book shows the divide between the rich and the poor. Crazy book and a good read thanks Erin.

Tale of Two Cities · Charles Dickens
I think you can figure this one out. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" is the famous line from this book. I've read a couple of Dickens books and I think this maybe his best. In fact, of the ones that I've read I think this is the best I've read so far and Dickens himself actually thought this was his best work. It turned out to be a fast read because as we took a bus through the desert I was able to read the whole book.

Under the Banner of Heaven : A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer
This book is a great read like all his other books. I think I'll just say go read this and learn something new. It looks at Moronism as an example of people using faith as an excuse to do violent crimes. I'm having a hard time describing this book so I think I'll leave it at that.

Just started
The God of Small Things: Arundhati Roy I know nothing about this book except that it won the Booker award and its supposed to be a really good book, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition