Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sonja and Glenns Trip to Ireland

I flew to Belfast to meet up with Sonja and we rented a car and drove the northern coast of Ireland. It was really nice and I'm in the process of uploading all the pictures from our trip so soon you'll be able to see our trip pics. Went to Dairy where Bloody Sunday happened. It was crazy to see how divided this city as well as Belfast is. I don't think I could do a good job blogging about it so I don't think I will. One thought that came to mind when we were on our walking tour in Dairy was how rough the city felt. It was surreal to be there this week because while we were on the walkking tour a whole pile of fireworks where going off so it felt like we were in the middle of a war zone.

Every night on our trip we hit the irish pubs. So much fun! It was awesome the irish really do know how to have a good time. Young and old were in the pub having fun. I loved the people and the music as long as you didn't bring up religion.

We went to Belfast for two nights and had a great time in the pubs in Belfast, tons of Irish music and met a bunch of fun irish men and women. We did a tour of the two main districts the Catholic and Protestant. While we were on the Protestant side the protestants were organizing a massive rally and the tour guide thought that it would be a good idea if we left the area. I think he was worried that something might happen to us in that area. Belfast is a crazy city and I hope everyone gets a chance to spend a day or two there to understand their conflict.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition