Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Donnie Darko

Ok to fill people in I've got less then a week until I head off to India and here is a run down of my week.
Monday: Went to Manchester at 5am for a meeting at 10am and was back on the flight for 7pm. YUp lots of time in the crappy airport. Thoughts on Manchester from what I saw from the airport to the meeting at Manchester U. was that it is super ugly there and not worth visiting! Other then that its a nice place. I picked up the latest Economist, if you have never read this magazine don't think that its all about money because you'd be way off. Its short one to two page articles about the things that are going on in the world. The magazine of course has longer articles but it normally has a couple of pages for every continent in the world and it normally discusses the major problems in that area. Its a very good magazine to keep informed. I would suggest it to anyone who would like to keep up to date on whats going on in the world because of the short articles you can normally read it on the bus or if you are lucky enough like myself you can read it at the airport as you kill time before you plane arrives.

Tuesday: Spent the day recording tutorials for a client so that he can watch how to do things insteaad of having to call me, since I'm pretty sure I won't be able to help him from India. My options where either record the tutorials or type out a step by step guide on how to do what he wanted. Being lazy and wanting to use a new tool can actually lead to a better product as I found today. The rest of the day was getting ready to go to india, that meant I watched two movies and didn't run. The movies I watched were Donnie Darko and some crappy britsh thing that we found. Donnie Darko was totally crazy but I think I'll save that for another blog. All I have to say is Scotty I can understand why you like that movie so much.

Wednesday: This is going to be the last day of my work so I'll spend most of the day handing things off to Canada. I have to go pickup my ticket as well as send in my invoice for work over here and get my expense forms in.

Thursday-Sunday morning: I catch a flight at 7am to Belfast where Sonja and I are renting a car and driving around the northern part of Ireland. We plan on hitting Derby as well as the Ocean (hope she can swim) and back to Belfast for Saturday so that I can check out this city. I am really interested in its history of being Protestant and the other side and how it divided a city as well as a country. I plan on getting some pics of the murals that show people with guns and stuff like that...

Sunday morning: Arrive back in London and do the crazy pack thing.

Monday: Fly to India........yikes and yahoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition