Sunday, August 14, 2005

West Coast Life

HPIM0362
HPIM0362,
originally uploaded by Glenn Saqui.
You know I really love Victoria and I am very sad to leave it here but one must go on and try new things. One of the things that I will be attempting over the next couple of weeks is telacommuting from London to Victoria. This will be new to me and I'm not really sure how it will work. I do know that my work enviroment is going to become even chill'r then it currently is. I mean I can easily go to work in shorts and a t-shirt but at work you can't sit around in your undies and code. Well with this telacommunity thing I'm sure I'll be able to sit down at my desk (might be my bed) and code away in my tightie whities. Wait I don't wear tighties so I guess I'll have to go commando. Wait I do have roomates so I guess thats out of the question as well.

The new work hours in London are totally sweet, only 32 hours a week. Thats almost nothing. I'm sure though that I'll easily be doing that much work while I'm over there. I am the only technical guy over in Europe so if we actually make any sales over there I'm the one they will be falling on to help them out. This is a great chance to travel Europe on the companies pennies, wait I should throw down a "Bling, Bling" here.

What I really will miss though is the real west coast life style and the great scenery here in victoria. A prime example of this is the picture on my blog today. Sonja, my crazy gf, took while tide pooling at botanical beach. What is tide pooling? Well its kinda what us geeks do when 4 of us get together and talk computer talk but for some reason tide pooling sounds geekier. Ah only 5 more working days in Canada then two weeks off and then I start my work in London, yikes!!!

West coast 4 life yo.
G-out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition