Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hampi, from Rob

About a week ago we spent 3 nights in Hampi, checking out something like 26 square miles of temple ruins. We obviously did not see it all, but we got some great pics anyway. Apparently they are still uncovering more of these ruins all the time. Glenn and I were both once again amazed at the how diverse India is. Our last sort of scenic place was Munnar with the tea fields and green mountains. To go from that to Hampi which is all rolling hills with massive boulders precariously balanced on each other was very striking. I would say the one drawback to Hampi was its lack of food. Basically we were forced to stay in a tourist area and there was no real food. In fact I would go as far as to say it was the worst food we have found. We just could not find anything decent and one meal in particular was so terrible I could not finish it. We went across the street and ate some banoofi pie which was almost okay. Then I went to bed and cried myself to sleep while hugging a pillow to my empty growling stomach....Soon we will get the pictures of Hampi up. They are some of our last pix of India and Glenn has burned all of them onto cds to take home with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition