Friday, January 06, 2006

My name is Glenn and I'm an idiot

So Rob and I have started yoga for the last couple of days and in our first class I happened to ask this girl where she was from. Oh I'm from Melbourne Australia and I'm traveling for 6 weeks. So we continue the conversation and she tells me that her and her boyfriend are going to Rajistan and that they didn't know where to go when they go there. Well Rob and I offered to meet them for a drink later in the night to help them out since we spent a month hanging around Ragistan.

Well we met for drinks and I had a few and I thought I'd ask the Joe Canadian question. You know the one "So you're from Canada do you know Joe?" First I asked how old they were and they told me they were 22 so I knew I could ask the question that I wanted to ask. For people who don't know I have relatives who live in Melbourne and are aged (I'm sure I'll get this wrong) 27, 24, and I think 22. So I throw out the question "Do you by any chance know a Rosalyn from Melbourne?" They look at me like I'm crazy and they ask me whats their last name. Now this is where Glenn the idiot comes in because I can't seem to remember their last name and I just stare blankly back at them and respond with that she has two older brothers.

Well we get back into telling them where to go when the girl named Lara Piterman from M.L.C (I got her to right down her name so I wouldn't forget it) turns to me and says, "Is her last name Teskey by any chance?" I almost jump out of my seat because thats their last name and this girl was good friends with my cousin a couple of years ago. Wierd it just proves that its a small world after all.

G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Speech Recognition